May 19th, 2014
Lavender LemonadeFrom Simply Recipes
- A handful of rinsed lavender flowers (or a tbsp of dried lavender flowers)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1.5 cups fresh squeezed lemon juicer
- 2 cups (or more to taste) cold water
- Cut calendar flowers from stem (no need to strip off all leaves) and place in a medium bowl.
- Pour sugar over flowers and use your fingers to gently rub flowers into sugar.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the lavender sugar and stir with a spoon until sugar has melted. Cover and let infuse for 30 minutes (or up to several hours).
- Strain the lavender-infused simple syrup and pour into a serving carafe or pitcher.
- Stir in lemon juice. Add another two cups of water. Taste and adjust for tartness: more lemon juice if too sweet or more sugar if too tart.