May 18th, 2014
Oregano FocacciaInspired by Patrick & Bri’s trip to Italy
Ingredients for bread dough
- 1.5 cups water
- 2.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 3.5 cups white bread flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 2 tsp yeast (active dry, instant or bread machine)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
Ingredients for focaccia
- 1 jar pesto (see our favourite basil pesto recipe here)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.g cups fresh mozzarella
- Place water, sea salt, honey, white flour, semolina flour and yeast into bread maker (in order listed).
- Select the dough cycle on your bread machine (if you have an artisan dough cycle, choose this).
- When the “mix-in” signal goes, add the chopped fresh oregano and then let the machine do its thing.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil onto cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Remove dough from bread maker when cycle completes and flatten down to 1/2″ thick.
- Transfer dough to the oiled pan, cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10-15 min.
- Dimple the dough with your fingers.
- Brush dough with remaining olive oil then cover dough lightly with pesto.
- Place dough on low rack of the oven for 8-10 min.
- Remove from oven and top with more pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Put dough back in the oven and bake for 10-15 min, until the top is golden.