May 17th, 2014
Tomato Cucumber SaladFrom Canadian Living
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Long English Cucumber
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup of thinly sliced sweet or red onion
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil or mint Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Core and cut each tomato into thick wedges. Cut cucumber lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- In large bowl, toss together tomatoes, cucumber, celery, onion and dressing to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and basil; toss to combine.